WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Fr. Campbell, "God’s Great Secret"

God’s Great Secret
Fr. Campbell 

Beginning just over a week ago, the Church commemorated three significant events. On October 7th, the Church celebrated the Feast of the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The feast was instituted by Pope St. Pius V to commemorate the great victory of the Christian forces against the invading Muslims at Lepanto, in the year 1571. The pope had ordered the Rosary to be prayed throughout Europe to implore the Blessed Virgin Mary to defend Christian Europe. Although the Muslims greatly outnumbered the Christians, they were decisively defeated in the battle, almost all of their fleet being destroyed. Pope St. Pius was assured in a vision that the battle had been won by the Christian army. The authenticity of his vision was confirmed when news of the great victory arrived a week later. 


On Wednesday of this week we observed the Feast of the Maternity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and this past Friday, the 13th of the month, was the 100th anniversary of the great miracle of the sun at Fatima, Portugal.

But we must wonder, is it now too late to prevent a new invasion, or has it already occurred while we were asleep at the wheel? Concerning the original Islamic invasion, the English historian and man of letters, Hilaire Belloc, wrote in 1938:

“It very nearly destroyed us. It kept up the battle against Christendom actively for a thousand years, and the story is by no means over; the power of Islam may at any moment re-arise” (The Great Heresies, 1938).

Belloc’s prophetic words have come true, as Europe and North America witness an Islamic invasion of a different kind. But few seem to know what is going on, or even to care. Europe has long since ceased to take its Christianity seriously, and The United States and Canada are right there with them. This leaves the doors wide open for a different style of jihad, without swords, and without the slaying of infidels (non-Muslims), but even more effective.  
 
During his term as president, Barak Obama professed to be a Christian, but he was not forthcoming about his true identity. He was in full support of Muslim immigration, saying that America was no longer Christian, and that the Muslims were of great benefit to the country. He now says that the next time around he may not be dressed in a suit. Is he coming back, this time in his Muslim outfit?   

St. Paul prayed for the Jews because they sought their own justice, and not the justice of God, which is found only in Jesus Christ. Today he could be speaking of the Muslims, who seek their own justice, even as they proclaim the name of Allah: 

“Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God is in their behalf unto their salvation. For I bear them witness that they have zeal for God, but not according to knowledge; for, ignorant of the justice of God, and seeking to establish their own, they have not submitted to the justice of God. For Christ is the consummation of the Law unto justice for everyone who believes” (Rom.10:1-4).

St. Paul means, of course, for everyone who believes in Jesus Christ. Jesus Himself, whose weapon is not the sword but the Gospel, said to His Apostles:

“Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many mansions. Were it not so, I should have told you, because I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again, and I will take you to myself; that where I am, there you also may be” (Jn.14:1-3).

The Apostles were confused. Thomas said to Jesus:

“‘Lord, we do not know where thou art going, and how can we know the way?’ Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me. If you had known me, you would also have known my Father. And henceforth you do know him, and you have seen him’” (Jn.14:5-7).

But His hearers were slow to understand, as we read in St. John’s Gospel:

“Philip said to him, ‘Lord, show us the Father and it is enough for us.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Have I been so long a time with you, and you have not known me? Philip, he who sees me sees also the Father. How canst thou say, “Show us the Father”? Dost thou not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words I speak to you I speak not on my own authority. But the Father dwelling in me, it is he who does the works. Do you believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? Otherwise believe because of the works themselves. Amen, amen, I say to you, he who believes in me, the works that I do he shall also do, and greater than these shall he do, because I am going to the Father’” (Jn.8-12).

In faith and obedience to Jesus Christ is the healing of the nations. The Holy Church He founded was to be like a leaven, spreading His Gospel throughout the world. But, Islamic invasion aside, the devil sent his agents into the Catholic Church to destroy it from within, and to prevent the preaching of the Gospel.

In the eyes of the world the Church is close to total eclipse, and if the Muslims have their way, the Church will be utterly destroyed. It will then be the time of Islam.

But the Muslims are in for a great surprise, and the world with them. This is God’s Great Secret, which has already been revealed to His true servants. Even as the world thinks the Church has been demolished, we find the true Church under the protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who is taking care of her seemingly abandoned children, keeping them safe from the enemy. She has armed them with her Holy Rosary, by which the power of the enemy will be defeated and utterly destroyed, just as over four hundred years ago, by the power of her Rosary, she defended Europe from the invading Muslims.